Network of National Academy of Sciences of Belarus
Surganova str. 6, 220012, Minsk Belarus
(+375 17) 270-92-29
On weekends and holidays
(+375 29) 774-26-16
(+375 29) 754-17-61
(+375 29) 754-17-62
(+375 17) 270-26-28
(+375 29) 270-74-04 Fax
Connectivity & network management
Local Internet Registry services
Access to the national traffic exchange point
Management & maintenance of institutional customer premise equipment and network
VPS & VDS
Primary & Secondary DNS
Internet for Science and Education in Belarus
BASNET is the most developed scientific computer network of the Republic of Belarus. It is a base network of the United Scientific and Information Computer Network of the Republic of Belarus which also includes the network of the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus and the network of Belarusian State University. Operator of the academic network BASNET is the United Institute of Informatics Problems of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus. BASNET provides the network services to the institutions of NAS of Belarus and other scientific, educational and state-financed organizations.
Corporative library network of the Republic of Belarus, ground-based segment of the Belarusian Space system of the remote sensing of the Earth and the National grid network are functioning on the basis of BASNET.
- one of 8 republic networks providing an access to the United Republic Network of Data Exchange and the services of the National Center of Electronic Services.
- the sole network in the Republic of Belarus which provides the autonomous access to the worldwide networks through the pan-European scientific network GÉANT, which interconnects 50 000 000 users in more than 10 000 research and educational organizations in 40 countries of Europe. Current bandwidth of the channel from BASNET to GÉANT and Internet is 10 Gbps.
- based on fifteen network nodes, connected by high-speed optical fiber channels with total length over 80 km and data transfer rate up to 10 Gbps.
- a member of the European Internet Registry (RIPE) and it governs IP address space as a LIR. It supports second-level domains “basnet.by”, “org.by”, “culture.by”, “from.by”, “nren.by”.
BASNET takes part in the international projects:
- The ‘EU4Digital: Connecting Research and Education Communities (EaPConnect, 2020-2025)’ project connects Eastern Partnership research and education communities with the global information society and provides regional network infrastructure and services
- GÉANT4 phase 2 & 3 (2016-2022) — research and innovation program to develop the scientific and educational network GÉANT